Logitech Mx Ergo Trackball Review
For ease of use, Logitech MX ergo trackball Mouse is hard to beat. It is far better than any standard mouse and much more comfortable once your muscle memory to use it is established.
4.7 Out of 5 From Hundred+ User
Which point brings our attention most?
During this Logitech MX ergo trackball review, we spent more than 3 hours of web research and around 94 hours of testing. Here is the key feature we are looking into it.
- Best User type: Left-handed users are disappointed because it comes only for the right-handed configuration. You will enjoy tracking with this device.
- Customization Buttons: The Logitech MX ergo trackball comes with six buttons, all of which are customized. You must install the Logitech Options software and customize the buttons per your requirements.
- Warranty: You will get a 1-Year Limited Hardware Warranty when purchasing this unit.
- Low Price: The price of the Logitech MX ergo trackball Mouse is high if you compare it with other trackballs. You won’t be disappointed if you buy it because of its rich features.
What do we test for this Logitech MX ergo?
Before starting this Logitech MX ergo trackball review, we check a few other models, including ELECOM M-DPT1MRBK Trackball Mouse, Perixx PERIPRO-706 Trackball Mouse, and Kensington K72363WW Trackball Mouse. Here is what we found.
If you are looking for a portable trackball mouse that reduces muscle strain compared to a regular mouse, you must see the full review of the Logitech MX ergo trackball.
The Logitech MX ergo trackball reduces fatigue and increases productivity at work. Using the Logitech Unifying receiver, you can connect this trackball mouse with a Bluetooth-enabled device or laptops and computers. With this feature now you can easily switch between computers and work smoothly. It comes with advanced optical tracking technology that provides precise and accurate movements of the cursor. It comes with eight buttons, and all of them are programmable using the Logitech Control Software. You will also get a comfortable grip with the adjustable trackball.
The advanced optical tracking and precision mode button switches between speed and precision per your needs. The shape of the trackball mouse is Sculpted and fits your hand comfortably. There are three different types of connectivity Wireless, USB, and Wired. For a strong connection using Bluetooth connectivity. This FLOW-enabled device lets you switch effortlessly from one computer to another.
This trackball mouse is durable, and the manufacturer gives 10 million clicks of life. The Unifying receiver is compatible with Windows 7 or later and Mac OS X 10.12 or later, while Bluetooth is compatible with Windows 8 or later and Mac OS X 10.12 or later. It needs an AA battery to run; the best part is that it is rechargeable. You will get a 1-year warranty and lifetime technical support.
Design of the mouse: The design of the Logitech MX ergo trackball Mouse is comfortable for its users. The shape of this trackball mouse is sculpted and fits your hand comfortably. It would be best if you used your thumb to move the trackball, which is more convenient for users. The size of this mouse is big, but it will fit in your hand comfortably. The buttons can make your tracking perfect and accurate.
Setup Process of the mouse: It comes with plug-and-play options. Just insert the battery into the mouse, connect the USB Receiver, and enjoy tracking. You can also set it up with Bluetooth.
Connection Type of the device: There is two way to connect the Logitech MX ergo trackball with laptops or computers. You can connect with a 2.4 GHz USB receiver, or you can connect with Bluetooth low-energy technology. The range of the wireless mouse will be 10 m.
Performance of the device: The performance of the Logitech MX ergo trackball is quite remarkable. If you have been using the traditional mouse for a long time and want to use this mouse, you will not be comfortable with this mouse. But when you give time and learn how to use this mouse, you will find more comfort in using this. This mouse is thumb-operated and provides smooth and accurate tracking,
How comfortable is the device?: The design of this mouse makes it comfortable during use. It is pretty big and fits perfectly into the hand. The thumb will do the rest. This means you will get smooth and accurate tracking without moving your wrist.
How much does this device cost you?: It is a user-friendly device with comfortable features, but the price is high compared to others in this category. You will get this mouse for around $80-$100.
Logitech mx ergo trackball mouse Specification
|Name||Logitech mx ergo trackball mouse|
|Model||mx ergo 910-005178|
|DPI Option||380 dpi|
|Best User type||Right handed|
|Batteries size||1 Lithium ion batteries required|
|Warranty||1-Year Limited Hardware Warranty|
Advantages and Disadvantages of Logitech MX, ergo trackball mouse
While reviewing the Logitech MX ergo trackball, we found that this is one of the best portable trackball mice. Here we provide some key points you need to know about this product.
Advantage of Logitech mx ergo trackball
During this Logitech MX ergo trackball review, we found some positive and negative facts about it. The thing we like most about this trackball are:
- Customization Buttons: TheLogitech MX ergo trackball comes with six built-in mouse keys and a left/right scrolling tilt wheel that provides limitless clicking combinations. The best part is all the buttons can be customized using the software.
- Warranty: You will get a 1-Year Limited Hardware Warranty and lifetime technical support.
- Smooth operation: This mouse can be used with the thumb, and you will get soft and accurate tracking while operating.
- Setup process: This device comes with plug-and-play options. Insert the battery into the mouse and set it with a USB dongle or Bluetooth.
- Battery Life: This mouse comes with a Rechargeable battery. It will provide service for up to 5 months on a single full charge.
The disadvantage of Logitech MX, ergo trackball
During this Logitech MX ergo trackball review, we found some odd things. Here they are:
- The mouse is quite large compared to others, but this will fit in your hand and provide smooth and accurate tracking.
- It takes some getting used to Yes, It will take some time to adjust to it. Once you cop up with it, this will be your best companion for a long time.
- Price: The price of this trackball mouse is high. But when you purchase this, it will never let you down.
- No left-hand version: This mouse has no left-handed versions, which will be a negative point for this mouse.
Common Question about Logitech mx ergo trackball
Will it work with windows 7 and windows 10?
Yes, The Logitech MX ERGO Wireless Trackball will work with windows seven and 10. This trackball mouse requires operating systems are – Windows 7 or later and Mac OS X 10.12 or later, while Bluetooth connection works with Windows 8 or later and Mac OS X 10.12 or later. This tracking ball mouse has customizable eight buttons where you can easily program those buttons for smooth tracking.
Can you keep it plugged up and make it corded and turn off the bluetooth?
Yes, You can keep it plugged up, make it corded, and turn off the Bluetooth with the Logitech MX ERGO Wireless Trackball. This tracking ball mouse needs to be changed periodically anyway (via USB), and that connection still allows use. This is a great feature to have in a trackball mouse. It will save your time and keep your batteries also. This trackball mouse is one of the best in the market right now.
Can we get an adjustable hinge only?
Unfortunately, there is no hinge in the Logitech MX ERGO Wireless Trackball. This tracking ball mouse comes with a metal plate that attaches to a magnet in the base. This tracking ball mouse is durable and stable. You will enjoy precise and accurate movements of the cursor without having any problems. This device comes with Wireless and Bluetooth connectivity to customize your desktop setup.
Does this mx ergo plus use a usb connection?
No, The Logitech MX ERGO Wireless Trackball connects with Bluetooth or the Logitech unifying receiver. This tracking ball is a wireless mouse that uses a Bluetooth connection to communicate with the device. It also uses the Logitech unifying receiver to create a frequency and connect with the device. You can not join this tracking ball mouse with a cable or USB because this is not compatible with this trackball. But it charges with micro-USB.
Logitech mx ergo trackball review by other People online
During our web research, we found the products in many retailer shops like Amazon, eBay, and Walmart. We are displaying a few reviews about Logitech MX ergo trackball here for you, Hope it will help. Please let us know through the comment section or the contact form if you want to list your review. We always love to hear from you.
Image – Canva, Pinterest