Logitech MX Ergo Review – Wireless Trackball Mouse
For ease of use, Logitech MX Ergo Wireless Trackball Mouse is hard to beat. It is far better than any standard mouse and much more comfortable once your muscle memory to use it is established.
4.6 out of 5 From 5K+ User
Which point brings our attention most?
During this Logitech MX Ergo review, we spent more than 12 hours of web research and around 54 hours of testing. Here is the key feature we are looking into it…
- Best User type: Left-handed users are very disappointed because it comes only for the right-handed configuration. You will enjoy tracking with this device.
- Customization Buttons: The Logitech MX Ergo Wireless Trackball Mouse has 8 buttons, and 6 are customizable. You must install the Logitech Options software and customize the buttons per your requirements.
- Warranty: You will get a 1-Year Limited Hardware Warranty when purchasing this unit.
What we test for this Logitech MX Ergo review
Before starting this Logitech MX Ergo Wireless Trackball Mouse, we checked a few other models, including Logitech M570, Kensington expert Wired trackball mouse, and Kensington Expert Wireless Trackball Mouse. Here is what we found,
The Logitech MX Ergo Wireless Trackball Mouse is not for everyone, but if you are used to a trackball mouse, this will help you achieve your goal of making tracking comfortable. It comes with a large and comfortable design. The trackball will give you smooth and accurate tracking, and the ergonomic choice is excellent. It is only for right-handed users, and left-handed users might be disappointed with this feature. You can easily connect this trackball to multiple devices. The battery life is also very high. Considering the user type, you won’t find anything to complain about.
Design of the mouse: The design of the Logitech MX Ergo Wireless Trackball Mouse is comfortable for its users. It would help if you used your thumb to move the trackball, which is more convenient for users. The size of this mouse is big, but it will fit in your hand comfortably. The buttons are designed to make your tracking perfect and accurate.
Setup Process of the mouse: It comes with plug-and-play options. Just insert the battery into the mouse, connect the USB Receiver, and enjoy tracking. You can also set it up with Bluetooth.
Connection Type of the device: There is 2 way to connect the Logitech MX Ergo Wireless Trackball Mouse with laptops or computers. You can connect with a 2.4 GHz USB receiver, or you can connect with Bluetooth low-energy technology. The range of the wireless mouse will be 10 m.
Performance of the device: The performance of the Logitech MX Ergo Wireless Trackball Mouse is quite impressive. If you have been using the traditional mouse for a long time and want to use this mouse, you will not be comfortable with this mouse. But when you give time and learn how to use this mouse, you will find more comfort in using this. This mouse is thumb-operated and provides smooth and accurate tracking,
How much comfortable is the device?: The design of this mouse makes it comfortable during use. It is pretty big and fits perfectly into the hand. The thumb will do the rest. This means you will get smooth and accurate tracking without moving your wrist.
How much does this device cost you?: It is a user-friendly device with comfortable features, but the price is high compared to others in this category. You will get this mouse for around $100.
Logitech MX Ergo Wireless Trackball Mouse Specification
|Name||Logitech MX Ergo Wireless Trackball Mouse|
|Tracking Technology||Advanced Optical|
|Best User type||Right-Handed|
|Batteries size||1 Rechargeable Lithium Metal batteries|
|Connection type||Wireless, Bluetooth, USB|
|Warranty||1 Year Limited|
Advantages and Disadvantages of Logitech MX Ergo Wireless Trackball Mouse
While reviewing the Logitech MX Ergo Wireless Trackball Mouse, we found that this is one of the Best Trackball Mouse. Here we provide some key points you need to know about this product.
Advantages of Logitech MX Ergo Trackball Mouse
Here we provide the positive points of this product. During this Logitech MX Ergo Wireless Trackball Mouse review, we found some positive and negative facts about it. The thing we like most about this trackball are:
- Customization Buttons: You will find a total of 8 buttons in this mouse, and 6 (Left/Right-click, Back/Forward, Scroll-wheel with Right/Left-tilt, and Middle-click) of them are customizable. You must install the Logitech Options software and customize the buttons per your requirements.
- Smooth operation: This mouse is operated with the thumb, and you will get smooth and accurate tracking while operating.
- Setup process: This device comes with plug-and-play options. Insert the battery into the mouse and set it with a USB dongle or Bluetooth.
- Battery Life: This mouse comes with a Rechargeable Li-Po 500 mAh battery. It will provide service for up to 4 months on a single full charge.
The disadvantage of Logitech MX Ergo Wireless Mouse
We found a few odd things about this Logitech MX Ergo Wireless Trackball Mouse review. Here they are:
- The mouse is quite large compared to others, but this will fit in your hand and provide smooth and accurate tracking.
- Takes some getting used to. Yes, adjusting to it will take some time. Once you cop up with it, this will be your best companion for a long time.
- Price: The price of this trackball mouse is high. But when you purchase this, it will never let you down.
- No left-hand version: This mouse has no left-handed versions, which will be a negative point for this mouse.
Common Question about Logitech MX Ergo Wireless Trackball Mouse
Is this mouse compatible with MacBook pro?
Yes, Logitech MX Ergo Wireless Trackball Mouse is compatible with MacBook pro. Sometimes you might face problems with pairing the mouse with a MacBook Pro. When you solve this problem, this mouse will provide the best service. Hold down two buttons, the little button just behind the ball and the button just behind the wheel, which is in front of the 1 and 2, for about 5 seconds, and then it will pair, no problem at all.
Would you have a left handle?
No, Logitech MX Ergo Wireless Trackball Mouse is for right-handed use only. Logitech does not make a left-handed thumb-operated trackball. This mouse is fantastic for right-handed, but the lefty would be facing some problems using this mouse. A left-handed ball could roll the ball and put the buttons under your hand’s palm, making them hard to click.
How do I make the wheel double click?
This is a perfect option for Logitech MX Ergo Wireless Trackball Mouse. Go into Logi Options, select the circle over the scroll wheel, click on the circle to turn it a cyan color, choose “MORE” in the pane that pops up, choose ‘Advanced click,’ and then choose ‘Double click’ for the click type. This is quite simple to handle this mouse.
How well does it work with Linux?
Yes, Logitech MX Ergo Wireless Trackball Mouse works excellent with Linus. I have used this mouse for the last 3 weeks on Linux systems. I had no problem getting the device recognized by the system. The only thing I changed was the sensitivity of the mouse. Logitech MX Ergo Wireless Trackball Mouse provides excellent service to all Linux systems.
Logitech MX Ergo Wireless Trackball Mouse review by other People online
During our web research, we found the products in many retail shops like Amazon, eBay, and Walmart. We are displaying a few reviews about Logitech MX Ergo Wireless Trackball Mouse here for you, Hope it will help. If you want to list your review, please let us know through the comment section or the contact form. We always love to hear from you.
Image – Twitter, Canva