ELECOM M-DPT1MRBK Review
For ease of use, ELECOM M-DPT1MRBK Trackball Mouse is hard to beat. It is far better than any standard mouse and much more comfortable once your muscle memory to use it is established.
4.2 Out of 5 From 200+ User
Which point bring our attention most?
During this ELECOM M-DPT1MRBK review, we spent more than 5 hours on web research and around 85 hours testing. Here is the key feature we are looking into.
- Best User type: The ELECOM Trackball Mouse is an ambidextrous design trackball mouse used by both left-handed and right-handed users.
- Customization Buttons: There are eight built-in mouse keys and a left/right scrolling tilt wheel. You can configure all the buttons as per your preference.
- Warranty: You will get one year of limited warranty from ELECOM and lifetime technical support.
- Low price: Though this used the latest features, the price looks high to us. You can still afford this trackball mouse, but if you are concerned about budget, this is not the perfect choice for you.
What we test for this ELECOM M-DPT1MRBK review
Before starting this ELECOM M-DPT1MRBK review, we check a few other models, including Logitech MX ergo Trackball Mouse, Perixx PERIPRO-706 Trackball Mouse, and Kensington K72363WW Trackball Mouse. Here is what we found,
The ELECOM Trackball Mouse is one of the best portable trackball mice for gaming as well as other work. It comes with OPTICAL TRACKING TECHNOLOGY which provides precise cursor movement for superior accuracy.
Now you can easily move your cursor and can go where you want on the screen quickly with less hand movement. It will improve productivity and efficiency. ELECOM engineered this mouse on the basis of extensive research on six different hand muscles and skeletal structures. This will not make your hand fatigued and you will remain stable and natural position.
The ELECOM Trackball Mouse comes with a red ball for the best optical tracking. The tracking ball provides high accuracy for the best optical tracking. It will be very convenient for movement and accuracy. You can also customize all 8 buttons as per your requirements.
It also comes with a DPI switch where you can alter the cursor movement speed between three levels: 750/1500. However, The ELECOM Trackball Mouse is ready to track. Just plug the USB receiver into any USB-A port and you will see the mouse recognize the trackball mouse and enjoy gaming. It comes with a 2.4 GHz wireless connection that provides a smooth and precious tracking range of up to 10 m. You will also get a 1-year warranty for this product and lifetime technical support.
Design of the mouse: The design of this mouse is fantastic. This mouse was designed and developed for a precious gaming experience. You will enjoy gaming as well as other work comfortably. It’s operated with fingers and provides super accuracy. It is designed and developed based on 6 different muscle and skeletal structures of the hands giving special emphasis to the folding actions of the hands to provide a new level of hand comfort.
Setup Process of the mouse: It comes with a plug-and-play setup. Just insert the battery into the mouse and connect the USB Receiver and enjoy tracking.
Connection Type of the device: The ELECOM Trackball Mouse comes with a dedicated 2.4GHz receiver that plugs directly into any USB port on a desktop or laptop computer. You can able to use the mouse for around 10 m.
Performance of the device: While using this ELECOM Trackball Mouse for reviewing, we found the performance is quite well. We loved all of the features. But the best thing you get the smooth and accurate cursor movement.
How comfortable is the device?: Yes, ELECOM Trackball Mouse is quite comfortable to use randomly. While using it for reviews, we didn’t notice any discomfort or getting pain.
How much does this device cost you?: This trackball mouse is one of the best for Gmaners and designers. But, the price is quite high. You can easily afford this trackball mouse. You have to spend around $70-$80 USD on this trackball mouse.
ELECOM M-DPT1MRBK trackball mouse Specification
|Name||ELECOM M-DPT1MRBK wireless trackball mouse|
|DPI Option||500/1000/1500 count|
|Best User type||Right handed|
|Size of the ball||2.5 mm|
|Batteries size||1 X AA battery|
|Connection type||wired / Wireless / Bluetooth|
|Warranty||1-year limited warranty|
Advantages and Disadvantages of ELECOM M-DPT1MRBK trackball mouse
While reviewing the ELECOM Finger-Operated Trackball Mouse, we found that this is one of the best portable trackball mice. Here we provide some key points you need to know about this product.
Advantages of ELECOM M-DPT1MRBK trackball
During this ELECOM M-DPT1MRBK review, we found some positive and negative facts about it. The thing we like most about this trackball are:
- Customization Buttons: ELECOM Trackball Mouse has eight built-in mouse keys and a left/right scrolling tilt wheel that provides limitless clicking combinations. The best part is all the buttons can be customized using the software.
- Warranty: This mouse comes with a 1-year limited warranty for hardware.
- Smooth operation: This trackball mouse is super user-friendly and best for gaming. The switchable DPI makes the cursor speed movement fantastic. The Optimal Sensor Technology is excellent for gaming and other work as well.
- Setup process: Plug and play. Insert the USB connector into the USB port of your computer, and you will find that your computer recognizes the device firmly.
- Battery Life: Elecom M HT1DRBK will require a AA battery that will provide up to 6 months of service. This may vary with computer configuration.
The disadvantage of ELECOM M-DPT1MRBK trackball
During this ELECOM M-DPT1MRBK review, we found a few odd things about it. Here they are:
- Quite large: The size of the reb ball is quite large, and if you are new, you might face some troubles with this.
- It takes some getting used to: If you are a traditional mouse user, it will take some time to cope with the uses of this mouse. But if you are a quick learner, then you will enjoy learning.
- Price: The price of this ELECOM Trackball Mouse is relatively high. But the features it contains are much worth the price.
Common Question about ELECOM M-DPT1MRBK trackball
Does this work with Linux?
Yes, ELECOM Trackball Mouse works with Linux operating systems. This mouse will work on Linus operating systems, but you might face some problems with the software installation for customizing the buttons per your requirements. The software is only capable of mapping the controls in Windows or iOS. But you still can run this trackball in your Linux operating system.
How loud are the buttons?
The clicking sound of the buttons of ELECOM Trackball Mouse is typical. It has eight buttons that We can customize as per your requirements. You have to download the software “ ELECOM Mouse Assistant” and install it on the device. You can find the software on the Elecom websites, or you can have it on the internet.
How do you get the scroll wheel to scroll horizontally?
Yes, You can scroll horizontally with ELECOM Trackball Mouse. You can scroll horizontally by tilting the wheel left and right. To scroll horizontally, you need the following operating systems – Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows RT8.1, Windows 10 or later, macOS 10.13 or later. The horizontal scrolling function is not working in Windows RT8.1.
Any left-hand options?
No, ELECOM Trackball Mouse doesn’t come with a left-handed version. But the product is very high quality and reliable. The correct-handed version is more common in the market. If you are a left-handed user, you must check the other products that provide left-handed trackball mice.
ELECOM M-DPT1MRBK review by other People online
During our web research, we found the products in many retailer shops like Amazon, eBay, and Walmart. We are displaying a few reviews about ELECOM M-DPT1MRBK trackball here for you, Hope it will help. If you would like to list your study, please let us know through the comment section or the contact form. We always love to hear from you.
Image – Canva, Pinterest